How entrepreneurs are using the creator economy to disrupt and make change
Dates: July 19- July 23
Time: 9:00 am – 1:00 PM MST
Target: High School Domestic and International
If you’re interested in entrepreneurship and have a passion for the creator economy, then join us for this unique summer camp experience where we’ll look at both. Learn about the creator economy through the lens of the business of music. Even if you’re creative in other forms, the ideas we’ll cover can be applied to multiple disciplines and industries.
In one week, we’ll cover a brief history of the music industry, preview future trends in the business of music, and dive into what’s likely to happen as new technologies are brought to market. You’ll hear from major musicians and leading experts on what they’re currently doing, and you’ll meet students from around the world who you’ll get to collaborate with. The week will wrap with business pitches. You’ll share your vision for a new innovation in the creator economy based on what we’ve covered and your personal entrepreneurial ideas.
By the end, you’ll be able to:
- Recognize the cause and effect of where the business of music has been and how new technologies are rapidly shifting its future.
- Apply the business model canvas to opportunities in the creator economy.
- Develop a pitch as a team and present your innovative vision for a new technology.
- Engage with esteemed musicians and experts who are part of Colorado State University’s entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Understand the power of entrepreneurship and how you might apply it to your personal creative interests.